In order to participate in an actual mission or training mission in a particular specialty, a member must have completed the necessary training which is documented on an SQTR or Specialty Qualification Training Record. All training is now recorded online in “My Operations Qualifications” within eServices. A guide to using Ops Qual can be found
As a guide you may print out a blank SQTR for your particular ES qualification·from within eServices; however, all training should be entered and validated in Ops Qual within eServices.
There is some variation in the training for different·specialties (e.g. GES, IC) but this is the general work flow.
- Ensure you meet all the Prerequisites on Specialty Qualification Training Record (SQTR) for·the selected specialty.
- Request and obtain the approval of the commander (CC) or designee for the Prerequisites within Ops Qual.· You are now eligible to train in this specialty.
- Complete the Familiarization and Preparation (F & P) tasks on SQTR with a SET qualified trainer.· SET·means the trainer has completed the Skills Evaluator Training and has been·in that specialty for at least 1 year.Have your trainer enter the completed items into Ops Qual. Alternatively, you·can request validation though Ops Qual via eServices /·”My Operations Qualifications” /·”Single Entry” worksheet by entering the completion date and the trainer’s CAPID for each appropriate item and then submitting.· In this case, your trainer will then get a request to approve these items.
- Request and Obtain the approval of the unit commander (CC) or designee for the F&P’s within Ops Qual once all F&P items are complete·If you are using the paper process, you will be required to complete a Request for Operational Mission Specialty Qualification Card (CAPF100) and email it along with your scanned SQTR to squadron Emergency Services Officer (DOS) or Squadron Commander (CC) for approval.At this point you are eligible to participate in and actual or training mission in this specialty under the supervision person SET qualified in that specialty. You will be listed as a trainee on your Specialty Training Card (CAPF101), which lists all your ES qualifications and is printable through Ops Qual.
- Complete the tasks in the Advanced Training section of the SQTR while supervised by qualified a SET (see table in appendix of CAPR 60-3). Advanced tasks need not be accomplished on a mission.
- Fulfill Mission Participation requirements listed on SQTR (usually two). These must be official, supervised, and numbered missions and the trainee must be supervised by a qualified SET who signs mission participation lines on SQTR. (It is also recommended that the trainee ensure he is signed into the mission on WMIRS as this will avoid later complications).
- Obtain CC or designee via Ops Qual.·The system will then forward validations requests to the·Group and Wing levels. Once the necessary approval are complete,your CAPF 101 card will automatically updated online.·
- Congratulations you have completed your specialty training.
Please refer to